Monday, October 3, 2011

Sad

Today I am full of sadness for a friend whose son decided to take his own life. We weren't close, this 'friend', but I've known her for a long time. I take total credit for convincing her to date someone she was with for many long happy years. So despite us not being uber close we were close enough that I'd had interactions with her children. Seen their pics. on FB, gone to their house, and seen them grow up over the years. I am devastated for her, his siblings and friends, and for the world. From the comments and words being shared on FB about him it seems he would have been an amazing citizen in our world, just 18, he was just beginning.

I vow to hold my wee one closer tonight and pray to whomever will listen that she never feel she isn't enough, won't be enough, or that she ever feels the way he must have felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment