Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The guilt gene

Although not Catholic I've been told many times that I have the guilt gene.  Feeling guilty about the smallest things or things that literally having nothing to do with me.  I feel guilty nearly everyday that I am not giving my daughter, and her Sensory disorder, the kind of activity that she needs.  It's especially bad now that we have to wait around for her brother to nap or eat.  It's hard when one kid is sick and the other is stuck inside until all is well on the home front.  Today her brother is sick.  Asleep and sick. Instead of wanting to play with me she wants to watch TV.  She is watching her second show and I, of course, feel guilty.  Now plenty of parents use the TV as a babysitter, I do only when I need to shower or cook dinner.  Even that makes me feel guilty!  My therapist says I should let myself off the hook.  That  both G's are happy and healthy and a little TV never killed anyone.  Guess I could try today.

No comments:

Post a Comment